The following procedures should be implemented every time the lyophilizer is used.
- Drain water from condenser after it is defrosted.
- Wipe out all freestanding water inside the condenser and wipe down with alcohol.
- Make sure gasket is clean and has a very light coat of vac grease.
- Start refrigeration and wait until the condenser is at operating temp, then start the vacuum pump.
- After the vacuum starts to pull down, open the process port.
- Replace gaskets when any cracks are visible or they don't seal good (report to Building Management at 1-5522).
- Make sure the vacuum pump oil is clean and changed at least once a month (call Site Support at 1-2121 to schedule oil change).
- The ballast should be open during freeze drying.